[SAC] Server Planning

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Sat Feb 20 14:10:44 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 01:36:44PM -0800, Alex Mandel wrote:

> They also asked which machine we would want on 1st and if we could give
> the 2 machines more distinct names for them (If we don't care OSL is
> happy to name them for us using their local naming scheme).

I think it would be best to have the LDAP service running almost from
the very beginning, 'primary' databases (do we have databases for
'administrative' purposes !?) would be next. Thus it might be pretty
easy to determine which machine should be up first.

Wrt. the names, I'd go with the OSL naming scheme as long as OSL is
doing the host OS maintenance. Otherwise go with the respective DNS
names or functions (wiki - if it's going to have its own VM, lists,
qgis, postgres, ....).

Cheers,