[SAC] [Fwd: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender]

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Wed Feb 24 17:18:15 EST 2010

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 01:56:29PM -0800, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> Cool - does mailman end up unsubscribing these kinds of loops?

Even if it could, the looped EMail doesn't get that far down in the
queue. Instead, Postfix detects the loop via the "Delivered-To" header
before the looped EMail gets handed over to Mailman.

BTW, while doing diagnostics, I had accidentially disabled the Mailman
list addresses for a while, so a couple of people might have gotten
"Recipient unknown" messages when sending EMail to a list (due to the
fact that 'postmap' doesn't handle the Mailman aliases table format).

Things are now back in proper state - otherwise you would not have been
able to read my previous message. I'm very sorry,