[SAC] xblade14 distress

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 8 11:40:14 EST 2010

Folks,

I found xblade14 in distress this morning.  Load average very high, and
barely responsive.

I stopped http for a while, and observed that several buildbot was active
as well as some scripts of Markus' and the gdal doxygen web site rebuild.
The doxygen seemed to be the heaviest aspect of this.  Once the doxygen
finished I restarted apache and all is well.

I have tuned my web site doxygen rebuild for gdal down to once per day
(it was roughly eight times per day).

I think it would also be very helpful to migrate buildbot slaves off this
blade, as I have noted before.

In the meantime, if it is not too difficult Mateusz, could you disable all
automatic GDAL buildbot rebuilds, leaving it to us to force a rebuild when
we want to check something?  This should at least moderate the load somewhat.
GDAL isn't the only buildbot slave on xblade14, but I think it is one of
the heavier ones.