[SAC] xblade14 distress

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Sun Jan 10 18:14:37 EST 2010

Mateusz Loskot wrote:

> Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>>
>> I think it would also be very helpful to migrate buildbot slaves off this
>> blade, as I have noted before.
>>
>> In the meantime, if it is not too difficult Mateusz, could you disable
>> all
>> automatic GDAL buildbot rebuilds, leaving it to us to force a rebuild
>> when
>> we want to check something?  This should at least moderate the load
>> somewhat.
>> GDAL isn't the only buildbot slave on xblade14, but I think it is one of
>> the heavier ones.
>
> Frank,
>
> I'm working on the GDAL buildbot slave migration to buildtest.
> I'm on it now. It's about time.

Frank,

Job done. GDAL lives now on buildtest.
Let me know if other slaves should go there too.

By the way of spending hours ssh'ed on xblade14-2 and xblade11-2, I noticed
that xblade14-2 average load is constantly around 2-3 and the two processes
are occupying most of the resources, it is 2-3 x httpd and 1 x mysqld.
The load on buildtest is less than 1 most of the time.

Best regards,

-----
--
Mateusz Loskot