[SAC] xblade14 distress

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Jan 11 17:25:19 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 3:37 AM, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> Hamish wrote:
>>
>> Mateusz wrote:
>>>
>>> By the way of spending hours ssh'ed on xblade14-2 and
>>> xblade11-2, I noticed that xblade14-2 average load is
>>> constantly around 2-3 and the two processes are occupying
>>> most of the resources, it is 2-3 x httpd and 1 x mysqld.
>>
>> is the mysqld going to be the grass mediawiki-backend?
>
> Hamish,
>
> That is the only service using mysql that I am aware of.

It is also used in particular by QGIS/Joomla:
joomla15_qgisweb

[root at xblade14 neteler]# lsof -p 1742 | grep wiki | wc -l
2
[root at xblade14 neteler]# lsof -p 1742 | grep qgis | wc -l
67

For the given usage, IMHO the machine does not have
too much RAM. Could some more be added? This might
help to avoid heavy swapping when peaks hit the machine.

Markus