[SAC] Migrating TileCache + FeatureServer

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Jan 15 14:13:36 EST 2010

Hi,

In an effort to reduce the 'bus number' of the TileCache/FeatuereServer
projects, I'd like to migrate the project hosting to somewhere more
permanant; it seems to me that OSGeo hosting these projects would be an
ideal situation.

Aspects of the hosting that are relevant:

 * SVN
 * Homepage (very small number of hits)
 * Domain Registration
 * DNS

In the process, it would also be nice to have access to a trac instance
for each project.

These projects are small; they get a small number of hits, and I do not
anticipate that they would ever be large enough to warrant official incubation
into OSGeo.

I believe the thing to do is to motion that OSGeo host these projects,
with myself as the SAC member doing the work; I am +1 on the motion
for both TileCache and FeatureServer.

Best Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt