[SAC] trac unresponsive + xblade14

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 25 07:05:01 EST 2010

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 7:58 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> I have seen httpd completely disappearing, perhaps Frank restarted
> apache. With xblade14, I assume that LDAP wasn't responding.

Markus,

That is correct.  I took apache down on osgeo1 for a few minutes
circa your first email as the load average was well up, and someone
was complaining about things being mostly inaccessable.

While apache was down I noticed that mysql was dumped
for it's backup, and updatedb was running.  Eventually I
killed updatedb before restarting apache since updatedb
seemed to be driving quite a bit of the disk traffic that was
causing problems.

I was thinking it might be nice to review whether our mysql
backup approach is as lightweight as possible but I
really wouldn't know how to start on that.

I did not observe any problems on xblade14 which seemed
quiet when I checked on it around the same time.

Best regards,