[SAC] Home for MetaCarta Labs Vmap0 tiles

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com christopher.schmidt at nokia.com
Mon Jul 12 15:17:47 EDT 2010

Hi,

The MetaCarta Labs vmap0 tile service (available for the
past four years from

  http://labs.metacarta.com/wms/vmap0
)

needs to find a new home. I'd like to host it with OSGeo,
if that is amenable to SAC. I would hope to use a URL like

  http://vmap0.tiles.osgeo.org/

And host it on the webextra VM.

The service itself is reasonably optimized for performance,
and has never caused a significant performance problem for the
server it has been hosted on. The disk space requirements are
approximately 4GB-5GB.

I would set this service up and maintain it; if it turned out
to be too heavy to be hosted as part of the webextra VM, I would
look for another home for it.

Is there anyone who would have a problem with that? Is there some
more formal approval process, or is a majority vote of the SAC
mailing list sufficient?

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt