[SAC] "projects.osgeo" kernel updates policy?

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Tue Jul 20 17:41:10 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 11:07:48PM +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:

> The currently uninstalled (!) security updates contain a kernel update, what
> is our kernel update policy? It requires a reboot.

Good point: I don't have a clue if the kernel image in the guest
systems on this virtualization technique is being used in any form or
if updating the kernel from the stock distribution could even break
anything.
Therefore I'd tend to assume that those who are familiar with this
virtualization are going to take care about the kernel updates  ;-)