[SAC] Meeting Minutes

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jun 10 21:09:38 EDT 2010

Folks,

The IRC meeting on SAC OSU OSL transition today was useful though our turnout
wasn't quite as high as I had hoped.  The logs are at:

  http://logs.qgis.org/osgeo/%23osgeo.2010-06-10.log

The minutes at:

  http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:June2010_meeting#Minutes

The major decisions / take aways for me were:

  * We plan to complete migration off osgeo2 this month and shutdown by the
    end of June.
  * We plan to complete migration off osgeo1 by the end of September and
    shut it down.
  * We prioritized establishing a large "Projects" VM and the services for
    GRASS, Mapbender, and metadata.osgeo.org will be located their until there
    is a fairly compelling need for project specific VMs.

We still need to fine tune our backup strategy, timing, etc.

Some questions outstanding around the idea of doing all logins over https
to avoid making OSGeo passwords easily sniffed.