[SAC] Re: [OSGeo] #384: Create password "reminder" email script for LDAP user

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Wed Mar 24 14:04:26 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 05:58:11PM -0000, OSGeo wrote:

> #384: Create password "reminder" email script for LDAP user
[...]
>  Presumably we would actually perform a password reset, not actually email
>  out the old password.

When you're requesting a new password at Mailman, then you're being
sent a one which has been chosen randomly. This sounds like a
reasonable solution at a first glance, but I'm feeling a little bit
estranged with the idea of having some random person on The Net
resetting the OSGeo LDAP password for me ....  ;-)

Cheers,