[SAC] "sac" LDAP Group

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 09:37:04 EDT 2010

On Mar 28, 2010, at 1:36 PM, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Folks,
>
> Martin and I (and perhaps Chris?) discussed who should have shell access to
> the service VMs on OSU OSL.  My contention was that "core services" VMs
> do not need to provide shell access to the large number of people currently
> in the "telescience" shell group - basically everyone who has asked and might,
> for instance, have a reason to upload packages to the download server.
>
> So Martin created a "sac" shell group which we can use for core services.  It
> can be edited at:
>
>  https://www.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/auth/ldap_shell.py?group=sac

I agree, though I am unsure if we can "stack" groups for shell authentication on the same machine (ie, have both the "sac" and the "telascience" group with shell access to a vm, for example).  I know Martin was playing around with trying that, but I was unsure of the status.

> PHP LDAP Admin

This is something that some of us use quite frequently that might get lost in the mix.  We want this, or something very much like it for us ldiff virgins in our infrastructure.