[SAC] [Fwd: [support.osuosl.org #11303] OSGeos New Servers]

Howard Butler hobu.inc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 29 22:46:59 EDT 2010

On Mar 29, 2010, at 7:22 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:

> Anyone have any thoughts on the questions/error noted below.
> 1. LDAP boot error

I remember reading something in the debian LDAP client docs about adding the ldap server's ip address to /etc/hosts to avoid recursive lookups under some situations.  Of course, if when we want to move the LDAP server inside of OSL, this means reimaging :(.  Maybe this isn't the problem.

Additionally, connections outside of the class c that we designated are not going to work, do you happen to know if they were using an IP address inside of 140.211.15.0/24?

> 2. How much swap (I'm inclined to lower the amount since we have lots of
> ram)
>
> I'll need answer in the next 16ish hours to ensure the new VMs are
> created tomorrow.

I'll defer to whatever you deem reasonable.