[SAC] [Fwd: [support.osuosl.org #11303] OSGeos New Servers]

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Wed Mar 31 04:29:14 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 01:07:47AM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:

> (Anyone on the list used XFS before, I've read about it plenty but never
> used it)

Yup, I've been using XFS on Linux starting with the first 'official'
patch against kernel 2.4.4 (and earlier on IRIX).

According to my experience with various filesystems which have been
available with the stock linux kernel over the years, it would have
been the primary choice for heavily loaded, 'unattended' servers - at
least from a technical point of view (thus ignoring distro politics).

Cheers,