[SAC] pgRouting to OSGeo infrastructure migration (looking for SAC member to volunteer)

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Tue May 11 22:58:33 EDT 2010

Hi SAC members,

The pgRouting community would like to migrate project mailing list, SVN and
TRAC to OSGeo infrastructure.

Currently there are open tickets for

   - pgrouting-users mailing list migration:
   http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/560
   - subversion repository migration: http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/561

For SVN migration Frank replied that I need to ask some member of the SAC to
volunteer. Maybe this is also required for mailing list migration, isn't it?
Is there anyone who would be able to help us?

Regarding TRAC migration there is no ticket yet, because I'm not sure this
is an easy task or not. Possible issues could be that pgRouting TRAC
currently uses PostgreSQL and the "Discussion" module (= Forum).
If migration would be too complicated, we might start with a new TRAC
instance and copy content manually (and do some cleanup at the same time),
or host TRAC somewhere else.
Any thoughts or experiences?

Best regards,
Daniel