[SAC] Adjust cron jobs on osgeo1?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed May 26 13:51:18 EDT 2010

christopher.schmidt at nokia.com wrote:
> On May 26, 2010, at 5:18 AM, ext Alex Mandel wrote:
>> The only other solution I see is to move SVN and LDAP very soon to osl
>> VMs, but I don't think we have the people time to effectively do that
>> quickly right now.
>
> I'm going to help with this approach. Moving cronjobs around seems unlikely to have a significant impact -- even with no obvious cronjobs running, performance suffers.
>
> SVN and LDAP can be moved separately from each other, right? I assume that we want to have a separate VM for SVN, which presumably will either need to be the same VM as trac, or have a shared disk with trac. Have we specced that or set it up?
>
> We already have a process in place for importing SVN exports from other servers. Following that same process for our existing SVN repos doesn't seem that difficult.
>
> Assuming that we don't have a good way to have a shared disk, I would suggest that a VM for trac/SVN should have:
>
>  4GB RAM
>  500GB disk
>
> I don't know our current distribution of resources, but trac/SVN are our most widely used services, so setting them up to have a significant chunk of resources seems wise. This would effectively give them double the capacity of OSGeo1, which seems likely to be sufficient at this time.
>
> Once we get this VM set up, I will get the necessary bits installed. If we can get this done before next week, I can make time to do this next week. (If we can get it before the weekend, I can try to start work this weekend.)
>
> Regards,

Yes Tracsvn is one VM and Secure is another.

FYI, Secure the new home for LDAP has been up since round 1, but there's
been little discussion lately about when to move it.

I'm going to put in the request for Tracsvn, and check if our backend
access to the hosts is ready for us to do it ourselves/adjust diskspace
& ram after creation.