[SAC] rsync backups for download.osgeo.org

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Nov 26 12:40:57 EST 2010

Folks,

Martin pointed out that the download.osgeo.org rsync backups have not been
running (for some time!).  I have fixed download.osgeo.org so that rsyncd
is started from inetd and reenabled rsyncing from download.osgeo.org to
backup.osgeo.org again.

I'll try to check in that things are working smoothly in a few days.

Martin and I also briefly discussed what else is, or is not, getting
backed up on the new VMs and I think there are likely some holes.  I think
he may follow up on some of those points but folks responsible for services
on the new VM might want to confirm that everything they need is getting
backed up in a way that we could recover fairly quickly if necessary.