[SAC] VM Interruption

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Oct 16 14:24:00 EDT 2010

Folks,

Today it was noted that Trac and wiki.osgeo.org were unresponsive.  I found
I was unable to login to either and went to #osuosl to request a VM boot.
Ramereth (Lance) reported:

<Ramereth> FrankW: the node that hosts that VM just rebooted randomly
<FrankW> belay that - it seems to be ok now.
<Ramereth> it should be coming back online soon
<FrankW> ah, that explains it.
  Thanks
<Ramereth> i have no idea why it rebooted
  but everything came back online it seems
  sorry for the outage!

Everything seemed to come up after the reboot with no problem, but it is
somewhat unnerving that we have unexplained reboots of our VM hosting
servers.  Something to keep an eye on.