[SAC] Trac and Private tickets

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Sep 2 10:31:32 EDT 2010

Alan Boudreault wrote:
> Hi,
>
> During a few security tickets we worked on (MapServer), we created the tickets
> to keep the trace of the differents issues and patches. We have been asked if
> it would be possible to create private tickets rather than public. The reason
> is simple.. since they are security issues, it would be better to only reveal
> them since all the patches are done and the release ready.
>
> I'm aware of a few "private plugins" for trac and I could take a look at them
> and install it for our mapserver trac. Unfortunately, since the migration of
> the servers, I think my sac account haven't been created.

Alan,

I observe that you are in the "sac" group:

   https://www.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/auth/ldap_shell.py?group=sac

and so should be able to login to the Trac machine.  You might need someone
to add sudo permissions.  I'd suggest Chris or Howard do that since they
seem to be primarily responsible for the services on this VM and should
effectively ok the request.

I have also, from time to time, had a need for handling security related
issues and wished there was a way of restricting access to the corresponding
tickets for a while.