[SAC] tidying up the planet

Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas jsanz at osgeo.org
Mon Apr 18 14:45:24 EDT 2011

On 14 April 2011 21:00, Tyler Mitchell <tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote:

> On 2011-04-14, at 7:39 AM, Jorge Gaspar Sanz Salinas wrote:
>> - - Is there somewhere a contact list for the blogs aggregated?
>
> Nothing so far, good idea though.

Do you have any place to store this with some privacy? adding a
comment with contact data on any blog entry on the ini file would be
OK? I don't want to go after you for an email address if I can :-)

>> - - I've run the script and some blogs are not working so I've commented
>> their entries at the config. Is there any protocol about this, this is
>> related with previous question (I could ask for the guys that run their
>> non-working blogs).
>
> That is a good process too.  Sometimes blog feeds are just temporarily down, so I've left them in the configuration, but it is fine to remove them now I think.

I will contact with them when I know who they are (geobi has changed
their website, i.e.)

>> - - If I receive a request to add a blog to the planet, should I ask
>> somewhere or I have to decide by myself if the blog is OK for the planet
>> or not?
>
> It's up to you and others on the planet management team (SAC isn't normally involved unless it's a more system related issue).  As long as they are friendly to OSGeo, post on open source stuff, I'm not too discriminating.  We have a few more details on a wiki page somewhere too.

I'll update the planet page with more specific rules following that
"not too discriminating" idea. Anyway I don't want to have at Planet
OSGeo the typical news feed instead real blogs or at least a minimal
personal comment on a news report (like slash geo).

Anyway if have any doubt were we should ask? at the web committee? the
board? you?

Best regards

--
Jorge Sanz