[SAC] Spam in Wiki

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Wed Apr 20 02:19:13 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 11:09:27PM -0700, Hamish wrote:

> while we're at it, https logins for the mediawiki would be nice,
> especially if the LDAP password is considered to be used for
> that in future.
>
> fwiw, OSM has figured that one out for their mediawiki & we can
> just ask them about it if we get stuck.

As someone already said before, the real difficulty would be mapping
the Wiki user names to OSGeo LDAP accounts. When we looked at this
issue a few years ago, the task already seemed almost impossible to
accomplish because people happily tend to use obscure nicknames
wherever possible ....

The technical part is easy compared to that,

Cheers,