[SAC] #682: URGENT? Renew SSL certificate (was: Renew SSL certificate)

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Sat Apr 30 18:06:43 EDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 02:45:28PM -0700, Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> Yeah I appreciate the hand.  It got slowed down for a variety of
> reasons, [...]

....  which happens to all of us every now and then  ;-)

> [...] What happens after?  I can't remember.

Users of encrypted web pages or IMAP EMail accounts (not sure if have
this sort of things) will see a notice that the current certificate has
expired.
I'm a bit uncertain what's going to happen regarding shell
authentication.  Our LDAP encryption negotiation on client machines is
rather strict - which definitely is a Good Thing - but it might hurt
after the certificate has expired. We'll see.

> Is there anything we can do in the meantime?

Check which places are affected  :-)

Cheers,