[SAC] Backing up AdhocVM

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Mon Aug 22 10:56:06 EDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 11:40:47AM -0300, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> I just want to make sure that the AdhocVM is being backed up
> (http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/AdhocVM).  The number of services
> running on it for MapServer is high now

" #  greater risks to system operations are acceptable, as critical
     services are not run here.
[...]
For the most part SAC is providing no backup, [...]"

You're not running any critical services on 'adhoc', do you ?  ;-)

Let's be honest, why are you running stuff on this VM where backup is
required when it's explicitly stated that you should _not_ expect this
machine to be backed up ?
I think that those who've been in favour of splitting the available
hardware ressources into that many different VM's should have an idea
about how actual use of these VM's is being maintained within the
planned constraints.

Cheers,