[SAC] Spam in Wiki

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 29 14:12:15 EDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 7:22 PM, Tyler Mitchell <tmitchell at osgeo.org> wrote:
> On 2011-08-21, at 6:28 AM, Markus Neteler wrote:
> In the GRASS GIS Wiki, we use
>>
>> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:SpamBlacklist
>> in order to block IPs and IP ranges.
>
> Hi Markus, I'm tired of spam clean up too ;-)
> I just installed and enabled the extension you mentioned.  Can you have a poke around to see if it functions as desired?
> I'll try it too, just thought a few eyes would be good to check it.

good - but the problem is: how to see the IP address of the spammer?
In the GRASS wiki I get a notification for each subscription which includes
the IP. That's perhaps not practical for the OSGeo wiki. For sure there
will be a way to obtain the subscribing IP... any suggestions?

Then we can easily feed the SpamBlacklist.

Markus