[SAC] Spam in Wiki

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Mon Aug 29 20:25:27 EDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 12:58:46PM -0700, Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> Is there a way we could "prepare" users - e.g. have them align their user names
> beforehand somehow?

Quite a lot of users have registered their preferred username on the
Wiki first and later, when they began bothering about the LDAP login
for use with Trac or anything else, it might have already been
occupied. Thus I expect many usernames not to map reasonably between
Wiki and LDAP. Note, we're talking about approx. 8000 Wiki users.

The only way I'd envision to create a 'robust' schema would be to ask
LDAP users to write down their Wiki account into the LDAP schema and,
at the same time, to ask every Wiki user to write down their LDAP
account name into the user preferences on the Wiki. Every pair that
doesn't match would have to get massaged manually.

Cheers,