[SAC] Trac and Private tickets

Alan Boudreault aboudreault at mapgears.com
Tue Jan 4 11:26:18 EST 2011

Hi Sac members,

I installed a trac plugin to handle this privacy issue. The plugin is called
"securetickets" and can be found on http://trac-hacks.org. The initial
behavior of the plugin was to set all tickets private, then let the user
defines what are the public components. I modified this to fit osgeo needs.
Since everything is public by default, we'll set manually the private
components and everything else will be public. Here's how to use the plugin:

1- Enable the plugin in trac.ini:
[components]
securetickets.* = enabled

2- Modify the permission_policies in trac.ini:
permission_policies = SecureTicketsPolicy, DefaultPermissionPolicy, ...

3- Define private components in trac.ini:
[securetickets]
private_components = Vulnerabilities, Component2, ...

To allow a user or a group to view the private tickets, you'll have to add him
the permission SECURE_TICKET_VIEW

regards,
Alan

--