[SAC] email trapped on projectsVM and trac machine

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Sat Jan 29 06:17:51 EST 2011

Hi,
I have changed the MTA configuration on the following machines so they
do _not_ act as an authoritative mail sink for "<something>@osgeo.org"
any more:

  adhoc.osgeo.osuosl.org
  backup.osgeo.osuosl.org
  projects.osgeo.osuosl.org
  qgis.osgeo.osuosl.org
  secure.osgeo.osuosl.org
  tracsvn.osgeo.osuosl.org
  webextra.osgeo.osuosl.org
  web.osgeo.osuosl.org
  wiki.osgeo.osuosl.org

All these VM's Postfix'es now behave in the same way - except from the
'projects' VM which had been configured as final destination for
'openlayers.org', 'featureserver.org' and whose local 'aliases' file
has forwarders for 7 mailing lists (no idea why this would make sense,
but I'll leave it as-is).

Aside from that, I've added a DNS MX record for 'osgeo.org' pointing to
'mail.osgeo.org'.
While I was at it, I noticed that there are two MX'es, one for
'lists.osgeo.org' pointing at 'lists.osgeo.org' and another one for
'mail.osgeo.org' pointing at 'mail.osgeo.org'.  Unless someone is
relying on these MX'es for some special EMail routing gimmicks, I'd
recommend to remove the latter ones because I think they're just
useless overhead, probably adding more confusion than value.

Cheers,