[SAC] Re: [OSGeo] #724: time on lists.osgeo.org in future

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Fri May 20 03:30:55 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 05:01:50PM -0700, Hamish wrote:

> please double check `ntpq -p` as well after a while and ensure it
> is talking to the time servers you think it is.

  # ~> while true; do ntpdc -p; sleep 3; done

  :-)

> (at least Ubuntu 10.04 LTS pushed in a ntp change in the last
> versions that silently ignores servers in ntp.conf if the DHCP
> host has supplied (or begins to supply) some.. argh!)

In general I'd welcome if distributions honour the DHCP "ntp-servers"
option, as far as I can tell, very, very few are doing this, if any.

The state on 'osgeo1' is steadily getting better, still not synced to
any of the NTP servers, but the growth of the offset has slowed down
significantly.

Cheers,