[SAC] Awstats of download.osgeo.org

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed May 25 12:12:39 EDT 2011

On 05/25/2011 06:27 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> Hi there,
> first of all congratulations to all of you for keeping up
> the osgeo services: good job!
>
> This mail is ask who's in charge of the awstats config on
> the download service and how those stats are meant to be
> accessed / read.
>
> The wiki page [1] doesn't tell:
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Download_Server#Access_Log_Viewer_.28awstats.29
>
> The configuration file suggests the files are in
> /osgeo/download/logs
>
> Only one html file can be found under that dir, but seems to only have
> stats for 2007.
>
> Is anyone maintaining it ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --strk;
>
>   ()   Free GIS & Flash consultant/developer
>   /\   http://strk.keybit.net/services.html

I went through recently and brought them up to date.
See ticket http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/634 for more details.

The files are indeed in /osgeo/download/logs but looks like you wouldn't
see that without sudo usage for some reason. Ah and the files are txt,
the perl script reads those to make the web pages on the fly ( I think).

http://download.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/awstats.pl?config=www.download.osgeo.org