[SAC] OSGeo archives at Nabble (Fwd: Re: Taking ownership)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Nov 2 17:04:36 EDT 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Eli Adam <eadam at co.lincoln.or.us> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is this waiting for more infrastructure migration or a SAC meeting?
>
> If not, with no discussion for a month, does the below mean that
> Mateusz should set the owner as info at osgeo.org and himself and
> others as admins?  From these threads,
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2011-September/003319.html and
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2011-October/003406.html, it
> sounds like at least Jeff and Jorge are interested as admins.
>
> Once we have a new owner and admins, perhaps the admins could close
> these tickets:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/813
> http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo/ticket/817
>
> It sounds like once SAC gives some guidance, Mateusz and Peter can
> coordinate to complete this work.

Eli,

I've been trying to stay out of this, leaving it to those with more interest
though I suppose it might fall into the area of responsibility of the mailman
admins (myself and Alan as I understand it).  I would prefer not using the
info at osgeo.org alias for nabble admin if it is intended to be handled by
others.  It is easy to set up a nabble at osgeo.org alias forwarding to whoever
wants to be in charge.

Ideally Alex as chair would facilitate a decision on this matter.