[SAC] Stuck on Website Migration

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Nov 10 00:28:10 EST 2011

On 11-11-09 09:20 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 11/09/2011 10:04 AM, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
>>> We can keep both sites (the old D5 and the new D7) up and running to allow a
>>> soft/slower transition. So, let's put the D7 as the OSGeo front end soon as
>>> we fix the login (ldap/ssl) problem and then improve it as we can.
>>
>> Sounds good. I'll get the D5 running on our new hardware, and look into the
>> LDAP/SSL issues again to see where it's at and let you know.
>>

>> Tyler
>
> Am I missing something with Drupal, shouldn't the SSL part be handled by the
> Apache vhost config?
> Basically you create a duplicate vhost config to the regular one but enable the
> SSL cert. Then for the /login urls on the port 80 vhost you redirect to https
> on the 443 vhost?
>
> I'll double check with my coworker who runs all of my lab's Drupal sites.

Folks,

I'd like to point out that part of this conversation is taking place on the
Webcom list.  I realize there is a bit of mixed responsbilities (webcom
for content and SAC for infrastructure) but I'm worried some people are
only seeing half the conversation.  I'd like to encourage having the
discussion on the webcom list.