[SAC] osgeo1 DNS entries

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 21 00:02:51 EDT 2011

On 11-10-20 05:38 PM, Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> While I was in changing the DNS for the OSGeo Journal entries, I saw a bunch of other *.osgeo.org entries pointing to the PEER1 osgeo1/2 servers.
> I'm looking at moving the ones related to Drupal - but can see there are many more there to be dealt with (or left?).  Just thought I'd post the list for you to consider - if we can scratch off which ones we don't need to keep, it might help.  I added my name beside the few I'm dealing with.
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/SAC:DNS_Review

Tyler,

A number of these are because osgeo1 is still the home for our *.osgeo.org
rewrite rules.  For instance proj.osgeo.org is rewritten to
trac.osgeo.org/proj.

I imagine these (the rewrite rules) should be migrated to the WebExtra
VM.  I'm happy to look into that in a week or two, or someone else could
do it and document it in the wiki.

I presume that fdo and mapguide will be migrated to the main web VM along
with the OSGeo Drupal site since they are also drupal sites.  I'm not sure
what else that leaves.