[SAC] Wiki, Membership app form & LDAP

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Sat Sep 17 19:02:32 EDT 2011

Jorge,
this is the link to the current app:
https://www2.osgeo.org/cgi-bin/ldap_create_user.py
Please also join this mailing list.

Martin,
we did not actually get much done yet but Jorge is happy to help out
with the UI stuff and I was able to understand the reason for the
friction between you and Frank, it is simple: There is no reason, it is
just that Frank is concerned that the brittle things he implemented with
limited knowledge about LDAP break when they are extended. Or something
like that. :-)
Could you please repeat your suggestion how to deal with the existing
Wiki accounts, just so that Jorge understand it?

Next we should extend the existing application form (link at the top)
and point the Wiki login there. We might need to look into the LDAP
fields we have now and decide whether they need to be extended. We will
want to have all new users automatically subscribe to announce and maybe
also to discuss mailing lists - but to me this is already a nice to have.

If I got anything wrong please correct or ignore me.

Thanks & best regards,
Arnulf.

--
Exploring Space, Time and Mind