[SAC] New Virtual Machines at OsuOSL

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Sep 19 21:41:59 EDT 2011

All,

Based on discussions I'm about to request some new virtual machines on
our servers at OSUOSL. Here's what I'm thinking:
Download 150 GB, 8GB Ram (More caching is good) - on osgeo3
Tracsvn2 60-100 GB, 2 GB Ram (Possibly a clone of the current Tracsvn) -
on osgeo3

The 1st will be to replace the telascience download box. Once we get
Backup moved to somewhere else (potentially the same place the wms
shootout machines live on new hardware - another discussion) then we can
reshuffle it to osgeo4.

Tracsvn2 will be so we can try upgrading to trac 0.12, enable multi repo
and git support. If it works right, we could just swap ips or move dns
later to switch it out and turn off the old one.

Any questions? I'll put in the request tomorrow.

Other topics to come later in other threads.