[SAC] Todo List

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Tue Sep 20 08:17:01 EDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 11:34:59PM -0700, Alex Mandel wrote:

> Since Martin wanted more details, [...]

I'm probably the only Primary Admin who was unable to attend FOSS4G,
therefore I'm happy to learn what has been discussed and planned -
especially in those areas where _I_ do feel a certain reponsibility  ;-)

> 7. Get all projects with stuff on osgeo to declare what they need backed
> up, and ask them to create cron type scripts we can execute with Bacula.

I think it's entirely sufficient to ask OSGeo infrastructure users to
stick to a reasonable directory schema and, even though I appreciate
custom solutions where appropriate, I think the schema which is laid
out by nowadays Linux Distributions in general (and Debian in
particular) serves not only as a pretty good start but maybe even as a
viable compromise.

More details later - cheers,