[SAC] Bounce action notifications from jobs ml

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Sep 23 21:30:42 EDT 2011

On 09/23/2011 05:51 PM, Mateusz Loskot wrote:
> On 23/09/11 23:45, Markus Neteler wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 7:14 PM, Mateusz Loskot <mateusz at loskot.net> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The jobs mailing list has notified number of times about
>>> bounce actions saying:
>>>
>>> "I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
>>> be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below."
>>>
>>> The e-mail addresses are:
>>
>> ... if you scroll down in those messages, the reason is indicated.
>
> Yes, I know.
>
>>> Does anyone know how to fix it?
>>> Perhaps these addresses are no longer valid.
>>
>> That's commonly the case with those messages (or their inbox
>> is full).
>
> I should have asked, as the list admin, am I supposed to do anything?
> What's the practice in case of such messages.
>
> Best regards,

As a list manager, it's at your discrection when to remove emails that
consistently bounce. In this case based on the emails you pointed out,
those are not mystery people in the community so we could actually
follow-up and ask them. I'll mention it to whatnick next time I see him
in IRC (aka tisham). For the openplans email, real easy to check if the
person still works there by looking at their staff list.

Course you could also just do nothing and live with the bounce notices a
little while longer.