[SAC] Re: Subject: [Technical Problem] can't register on trac

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Tue Apr 10 04:26:04 EDT 2012

On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 11:38:48PM -0700, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> I wish your tone didn't always didn't always paint me in the light of
> being lazy and stupid - even if you are convinced that is the case.

Frank, I wouldn't even think of calling you being "lazy", I'm just
convinced that your expertise (which I highly respect, honestly) covers
a considerably different field than mine does.
In fact, btw, I don't even know who actually put these Python scripts
onto the VM where they currently reside, given these permissions, I
just felt scared by this setup which I think should never have been
installed in this particular way.

I'm not fluent in Python, thus, even though I might be able to develop
a programmatic fix for these scripts by myself, I'd appreciate someone
else to take a stab at it who achieves a proper result more quickly.
Leaving a significant security hole open just because we don't have the
ressources to fix it properly isn't a good idea from my perspective.

Cheers,