[SAC] [OSGeo] #1001: Failed to install

cgdnorth chris at dendrite.ca
Tue Aug 28 11:17:34 PDT 2012

I am having the same problem. I tried to install the full version of
osgeo-live-6.0.iso.
I tried on a drive partitioned with Ubuntu on it as well as a new 360Gb
7200rpm drive. The computer is a dual core Dell Inspiron 1420 with 4Gb ram.

I am get the following crash report:

ExecutablePath
 /usr/lib/ubiquity/bin/ubiquity
Package
 ubiquity 2.10.20
ProblemType
 Crash
Title
 ubiquity crashed with ValueError in the install_size(): invalid literal for
int() with base 10:''
Traceback
 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/ubiquity/frontend/gtk_ui.py",line 701, in <lambda>
   GObject.idle_add(lambda: self.dbfilter.start(auto_process=True))
 File "/usr/lib/ubiquity/ubiquity/filtercommand.py", line 90 in start
  prep = self.prepare()
 File "/usr/lib/ubiquity/plugins/ubi-prepare.py", line 227, in prepare
  self.setup_sufficient_space()
 File "/usr/lib/ubiquity/plugins/ubi-prepare.py", line 232, in
setup_sufficient_space
  size=misc.install_size()
 File "/usr/lib/ubiquity/ubiquity/misc.py", line 791, in install_size
  size=int(fp.readline())
 ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10:"

There is more but I didn't want to type the entire thing out.

I will try the osgeo-live-mini-6.0.iso version and see if that gives the
same error.

Chris