[SAC] Alert: lists.osgeo.org disk full

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Dec 4 09:00:01 PST 2012

On 12/04/2012 08:51 AM, Martin Spott wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 08:38:12AM -0800, Alex Mandel wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure what the overhead is from, I can only suspect it's related
>> to how mailman works - [...]
>
> It's probably related to how the filesystem works  :-)
> Sure, the Mailman archive contains many files, at least on per EMail in
> the archive, but 1/3 overhead is still a lot, I'd say.
>
> I have no idea how this KVM virtualization is organized. Are the VM's
> sitting inside LV's which could easily be grown ?  Anyhow, the current
> Mailman archive is slightly less than 30 GByte net, thus I'd say let's
> have another 20 GByte so we can take distro packages and other stuff
> into account and are still on the safe side for a while.
>
> Cheers,
> 	Martin.

Yes, the VMs are LVs. I simply need to request OSUOSL does the grow.
Should be about 5-10 minutes of downtime to do. We have ~200 GB
available on osgeo4 if the tables are up to date.

About the munin emails, I checked and there's a bug right now that's
being worked on because munin can only send to 1 email address without
causing trouble. On my networks I use a 3rd party email list with the
primary admins and send to that. Would that idea work for people here?