[SAC] OSGeo VM modifications

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Dec 14 13:09:17 PST 2012

OSL Support team,

1st we'd like to increase the VM disks on 2 machines:
Mail +20G
QGIS +10G
If you could handle increasing the lvm allocation and the ext3 grow that
would be great. They are Debian systems setup by OSL to start.
Both are on osgeo4.

2nd we've been experiencing high loads on a couple of VMs:
I'd like to verify that it is a CPU bottleneck and not disk I/O.
If it is CPU we'd like to increase the allocation to each of the VMs in
question by +1 each.
Tracsvn from 4 to 5
Webextra from 2 to 3
Both of these are on osgeo3.

Here's our munin instance if it helps
http://webextra.osgeo.osuosl.org/munin/index.html

I am aware there will be short downtime for these operations.

PS: I'll be out of reach next week, but someone else from our admin
committee can handle questions if they come up.
PPS: I'll get back to looking at that new machine purchase idea at the
end of this month.