[SAC] ProjectsVM Upgrade Problem

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Feb 8 15:46:42 EST 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 8:01 PM, Martin Spott <Martin.Spott at mgras.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 06:41:38PM +0100, Martin Spott wrote:
>
>> While trying to figure out why SSH public key authgentication doesn't
>> work for me on the "adhoc" and the "projects" VM after the dist-
>> upgrade, [...]
>
> Ok, now I know why: Some braindead jerk put the IP of my internet
> connection into the /etc/hosts.deny file

I believe that this is simply the culprit of
/usr/sbin/denyhosts

I got locked out my own server recently by using my own Sparkleshare instance.
Seems that denyhost is oversensitive in Debian squeeze. I eventually removed
it on my site. Since it does not help at all for the ongoing Apache bombing
with junk, remember to try

 tail -f /var/log/apache2/docs.geotools.org-access_log

... I just think that we should remove denyhosts.

Best,
Markus