[SAC] Wiki, Membership app form & LDAP

Seven (aka Arnulf) seven at arnulf.us
Sun Jan 1 19:28:38 EST 2012

On 01/01/2012 05:29 PM, Markus Neteler wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 8:03 PM, Martin Spott <Martin.Spott at mgras.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 06:54:40PM +0200, Martin Spott wrote:
>>
>>> This comparison is quite simple. We're having:
>>>
>>> 3802 Unique EMail addresses in the Wiki, which pass a very simple
>>>     consistency check (containing an "@" sign  :-)
>>> 5266 Unique EMail addresses in LDAP
>>> 697 Matches between Wiki and LDAP EMail addresses
>
> Unfortunately the wiki is bombed:
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Special:Log/newusers
>
> Markus

Markus,
thanks for your untiring effort fighting the spammers.

What holds us off from switching to LDAP with the Wiki? From my
perspective it would be good to just go this step asap, even if we have
not addressed all the goodies we were envisaging for the membership
form. In view of the growing pressure from spammers it would be really
good to move.

Plus we should update the Mediawiki instance, it is still running
1.16.5. The 1.18 version is stable for quite some time now.

(((Note: When saying "us" I actually mean "someone not me". I know this
is not good style but my connectivity prevents me from doing any serious
remote stuff.)))

Cheers,
Arnulf

--