[SAC] Re: Subject: [Technical Problem] can't register on trac

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu May 10 13:03:00 PDT 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 12:19 PM, Martin Spott <Martin.Spott at mgras.net> wrote:
> User pages refer to textual user logins. If you change users' login
> names, their previous user pages will be lost.  This context was
> explained in:
>
>  http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/sac/2011-September/003378.html

Martin,

Are you suggesting that pages like:

  http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Arnulf_Christl

have a different existance than a page like:

  http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Mark_Lucas

which is not in the "User:" domain?  Will anything with the User:
prefix be lost (as opposed to just orphaned) if we aren't careful?
Perhaps we could/should remap the User:x pages to just x or perhaps
User_x?

I personally don't really care too much about whether the current
User: pages remain the "user home page" for folks after a transition
but I don't want the content lost.