[SAC] Open Conference Systems

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Sun Oct 7 02:09:57 PDT 2012

On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 8:43 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Concerning OCS: My good old inbox knows a lot :)
>
> http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/conference_dev/2007-October/000410.html

 So it looks like it was set up in 2007 and used for 2008 FOSS4G, and
there's a few boilerplate pages for 2009 FOSS4G but the beef of that
conference is elsewhere on another system.

I suspect the version of OCS is a bit behind the times. I've done an
install of OCS recently and it was straightforward. I'd be less
confident in doing an upgrade and expecting the existing conferences
to still work though.

I'm willing to either a) install a new OCS instance if given shell
access to a linux server, or b) try to upgrade the current OCS on the
existing server, or c) set up a 2013 conference site on the current
OCS if given the right management permissions on the OCS there.

Barry