[SAC] Cleaning up Web VM

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Thu Sep 13 04:16:37 PDT 2012

While I was just restarting the Apache process(es) on "osgeo1", it came
to my attention that 8 different DocumentRoot directories defined in
the Apache config don't exist, which are:

  /var/www/foss4g/2006
  /var/www/foss4g/2008/index.php/foss4g/2008
  /var/www/foss4g/2009/current
  /var/www/foss4g/2010/website
  /var/www/foss4g/2011/website
  /var/www/ocs2/ocs-2.1.1-2
  /var/www/ocs2/ocs2_cvs_2009-03-02
  /var/www/ojs2/htdocs

May I safely assume that the respective config sections, the respective
virtual host definitions can be removed ?  To me it looks like a lot of
stuff has already been migrated to other hosts, like to the Webextra
VM, but a lot of the old traces have not been purged from "osgeo1" and
upon migrating the main OSGeo web site to the Web VM I'd appreciate not
to waste too much time on porting outdated cruft.

Cheers,