[SAC] Migrating OSGeo main web site

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Sat Jan 5 13:11:58 PST 2013

This appears to be at least as tricky as expected ....  This is most
obvious when you look into the news on the main site at:

  http://www2.osgeo.org/

like, for example:

  http://www2.osgeo.org/node/1332

The article header is present, but the main content is missing.

It's well-documented that Drupal 5.x doesn't work properly with the
current PHP (5.3) on stable Debian distros.  I'm uncertain wether the
above effects are actually caused by PHP incomatibilities, but I think
they *might* be (please some Drupal guru have a closer look at it).

Therefore I'm thinking of migrating to Drupal 6.x and, as an
intermediate step or side effect, to get a better feeling for the
beast, I've migrated the current main site from 5.3 to 5.23 - which at
least reflects approx 3 years of fixing.  Please check it out and let
me know if anything's missing which had been present until yesterday.

Cheers,