[SAC] [OSGeo] #1055: OSGeo Service Provider Directory Broken

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Tue Jan 8 15:01:50 PST 2013

Hi all,

I'm just now reading this, (or figuring out what was being talked about).

I would like to volunteer to build this out into something separate from the Drupal infrastructure, as I think it's better off that way over the long run.

I would like to set up a Postgres database instead and set up a simpler calling structure for displaying the Service Provider information.

I've been wondering for a while now how to set this up as a service that could feed other sites.  The intent being to propagate the information where it is needed.  It would be nice for instance for each project to be able to include a few links related to their project about service providers that are available for their product(s).

All I need to get started would be a dump of the existing data and I'll set something up for review.

Bobb