[SAC] Fwd: MediaWiki 1.16 is too old and unsupported

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Fri Jan 18 12:19:18 PST 2013

On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 09:05:21PM +0100, Federico Leva wrote:
> Martin Spott, 18/01/2013 20:51:

> >Sorry, yes, custom "extension" would be the correct term.
> >I don't recall every detail, but as far as I remember, porting this
> >extension to newer MW versions required substantial rewrite.
>
> It's a pity if the lack of such features/extensions in more recent
> releases prevents you from upgrading; we're trying to gather more
> information about such obstacles, you may want to help us by
> describing such needed features [...]

The OSGeo wiki contains a "User Map" feature, like:

  http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Martin_Spott

I know there was some sort of 3rd party map extensions for MW, but the
last time I looked at them, one was deprecated and I was unable to get
the other one to work as promised - and gave up after a while.

I'm sure things have developed in the mean time and maybe it's possible
to shape an existing map extension into a replacement for ours.  I just
ran out of time doing detailed investigation because there was more
important stuff to do in the meantime - a situation you're probably
familiar with  ;-)

Cheers,