[SAC] spatialref.org

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Jun 10 15:49:45 PDT 2013

On 06/10/2013 03:18 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 06/10/2013 03:14 PM, Howard Butler wrote:
>>
>> On Jun 10, 2013, at 5:11 PM, "Hare, Trent" <thare at usgs.gov> wrote:
>>
>>> Guys,
>>>    Sorry if this is not the correct place to send this email. This morning http://spatialreference.org/ was working normally and now it appears the website has been replaced with a FOSS4G 2013.
>>>
>>> FYI, I do have some IAU2000 updates and was planning to send them to Frank. Is this still correct?
>>
>> The site got trashed by someone updating django this afternoon. I made a quick attempt to get it back online, but I don't understand how things are deployed anymore.
>>
>> Howard
>>

> I'll get to it in a few minutes, actually have work to do right now.
>
> This page is in fact up to date, though I should move the info to the
> Trac site it seems.
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Spatialreference.org
>
> Basics: sr.org runs on gunicorn on port 8092
> Apache is just a proxy in front to map request on port 80 to 8092 and back.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex

Ok did some investigating, it's not a simple matter of django got
upgraded. It's actually based on the fact that python got upgraded
(would have broke a virtualenv too)

Easiest way to test is to bypass apache
http://spatialreference.org:8092/

Looking in /var/log/gunicorn/sr.gunicorn.log

File "/osgeo/sr.org/htdocs/srsbrowser/feeds.py", line 1, in <module>
    from django.contrib.syndication.feeds import Feed
ImportError: No module named feeds

That seems to be renamed to
from django.contrib.syndication.views import Feed

Next error
File "/osgeo/sr.org/htdocs/urls.py", line 10, in <module>
    (r'^admin/(.*)', admin.site.root),
AttributeError: 'AdminSite' object has no attribute 'root'

Fix, change line to (r'^admin/',include(admin.site.urls)),

Next Error
 File "/osgeo/sr.org/htdocs/geocoder/views.py", line 7, in <module>
    from geopy import geocoders
ImportError: No module named geopy

Fix, upgrade brought python 2.6, pip install geopy in python 2.6

Next Error
ImproperlyConfigured: Error importing template source loader
django.template.loaders.filesystem.load_template_source: "'module'
object has no attribute 'load_template_source'"

Fix in settings.py
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11904609/configuring-django-settings-to-work-with-1-4-1-loading-template-error)
'django.template.loaders.filesystem.load_template_source',
'django.template.loaders.app_directories.load_template_source',

Becomes:
 'django.template.loaders.filesystem.Loader',
 'django.template.loaders.app_directories.Loader

That at least get's it loading a page instead of a 500 error. Moving to
check apache now...