[SAC] Run away process on Projects VM

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue Mar 12 11:08:58 PDT 2013

On 03/12/2013 10:53 AM, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 2013/3/12 Alex Mandel <tech_dev at wildintellect.com>:
>
> sorry for being silent, unfortunately yesterday I was partly offline,
> then I was chatting with MarkusN and later being pinged by FrankW. I
> am not sure what could be wrong. These cronjobs (buildings addons for
> GRASS) were running for longer time without no problems. I disabled
> them today in the morning. I will check what could be a source of the
> problems. Anyway currently there should be no loading issues related
> to my account. So sorry for these problems! I will be more careful
> about my cronjobs even they were running without problems.
>
> Thanks for support and patience, Martin

I actually don't think it's your cronjobs, especially with nice added to
them. It looks like it's apache memory consumption, or a memory leak in
someone's app (perhaps python or php). Looking around at options I think
we might need to asjust MaxChildRequests to kill slightly more often and
reset the memory.